The National Disability Insurance Scheme (Lovely Banks)
This seminar is right for you if: You are staff working with parents who have a child accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), or are considering applying to access the NDIS.
Geelong Baptist College
590 Anakie Road, Lovely Banks VIC 3213
Wednesday, 16 October 2019 – 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
This session will cover the basic principles and overview of the NDIS, including:
- NDIS terms, acronyms and roles
- an overview of how to access the NDIS
- what happens if you do not meet access
- how plans are created and the description of a planning meeting
- the importance of goals
- the concepts of reasonable and necessary and choice and control
- implementing a plan and bringing a plan to life.
Presenter Information – Geoff Deacon
Geoff Deacon is the Senior Community Engagement Officer, Victoria and Tasmania, Community and Mainstream Engagement Branch with the National Disability Insurance Agency.