Teaching Units 3 & 4 Psychology
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 Psychology or have had a career break and want a refresh
ISV seminar Room
Independent Schools Victoria, 40 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
Wednesday 22 January 2020 – 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
$295.00 – Member Schools Price (excl. GST)
$350.00 – Standard Price (excl. GST)
During this one-day workshop, you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 3 & 4 Psychology course. This workshop will include:
- understanding the VCE Study Design Key Knowledge
- suggested timelines of teaching and assessment
- integrating key science skills into your program
- highlighting SAC-type suggestions and poster implementation
- tips and tricks for engaging your students
- scaffolded breakdown for the examination’s extended response question
- preparing your students with rigour for the examination.
- feel prepared and confident to start the year teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 Psychology
- ideas on how to structure your lessons, weeks and year
- flesh out the motives, direction and goals for your psychology students through building a program for success
- clear understanding of the level of detail required by VCE Psychology students to ace the examination.
Presenter Information – Matthew Di Petta
Matthew Di Petta is a VCE Psychology and Chemistry teacher. Having completed a science degree in both chemistry and psychology, he has been fortunate to start his teaching career working in both fields. Currently, he is teaching VCE Chemistry at Melbourne Grammar School whilst maintaining his passion for psychology through resource development, workshop presentations, revision lecture delivery and tutoring. Work at his previous school focussed on creating a popular and successful psychology program that was built on student engagement and a culture of student confidence and a determination to succeed.