Teaching Units 3 & 4 Physics
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Physics Units 3 & 4, or you’ve had a career break and want a refresh
ISV seminar Room
Independent Schools Victoria, 40 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
Friday 24 January 2020 – 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
$295.00 – Member Schools Price (excl. GST)
$350.00 – Standard Price (excl. GST)
During this one-day workshop, we’ll discuss:
- exploring Units 3 & 4 in the VCE Physics Study Design
- the examination
- other resources, including the web
- unwrapping student misconceptions
- tips and tricks for engaging your students.
‘Theo Hughes is a must see… his talks are always closely aligned to the study design and provide challenges to physics teachers to improve their practice.’
– Feedback from a 2019 Physics Teacher’s Conference workshop
- a framework in which to teach VCE Physics Units 3 & 4
- ideas on how to reflect on, and continually improve, your teaching in physics
- confidence to begin the year well prepared, and with a fresh mindset.
Theo Hughes has a Master of Physics from Cambridge in the United Kingdom, a Graduate Diploma in Education from the University of Melbourne, ex-VCE and IB Teacher, ex-Education Manager at Monash University, Founder and CEO of the education company Level 98. He’s a passionate educator with extensive experience in educational practice (from active learning to change management), combined with content expertise in mathematics and science – particularly physics. Theo also bring experience and expertise gained from other industries, including publishing and IT, which often allows him to apply a different and effective perspective.