Teaching units 3 & 4 chemistry
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 chemistry or have had a career break and want a refresh
ISV seminar Room
Independent Schools Victoria, 40 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
Date and Time:
Tuesday 21 January 2020, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
$295.00 – Member Schools Price (excl. GST)
$350.00 – Standard Price (excl. GST)
During this one-day workshop, you will have time to discuss and work through the Units 3 & 4 course.
This workshop will include:
- exploring the VCE Study Design, including suggested timelines
- organising and sequencing practical work/demonstrations
- sequencing and utilising digital simulations into your course
- writing and proofing SACs, rubrics and exemplars
- preparing your students for the examination.
Come along to this session to ensure you are ready for a successful year of teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 chemistry.
- a framework and timeline in which to teach VCE Units 3 & 4 chemistry
- comprehensive understanding of key ‘problem areas’ required by VCE chemistry students
- SAC resources, practical activities, demonstrations and more
- confidence to begin the year well prepared and with a fresh mindset.
Presenter Information – Alex Colussa
Alex Colussa is a passionate chemistry Teacher at Trinity Grammar School, Kew. As Secretary of the Early Careers Chemistry Network, and committee member of the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute, he has experience in the design and delivery of chemistry programs to a variety of chemistry teachers across the state. Through these roles and his time as Deputy Head of Faculty, Alex has experience in mentoring staff and early career chemistry teachers. Utilising his industry connections, he has a passion for bringing real-world, practical chemistry to the classroom.