Teaching units 1 & 2 chemistry
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 1 & 2 Chemistry or have had a career break and want a refresh
ISV seminar Room
Independent Schools Victoria, 40 Rosslyn Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003
Date and Time:
Monday 20 January 2020, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
$295.00 – Member Schools Price (excl. GST)
$350.00 – Standard Price (excl. GST)
During this one-day workshop, you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 1 & 2 chemistry course. This workshop will include:
- exploring the VCE Study Design
- suggested timelines
- SAC suggestions
- tips and tricks for engaging your students
- preparing your students for success in VCE chemistry.
- a framework in which to teach VCE Units 1 & 2 chemistry
- ideas on how to structure your week, term and year
- comprehensive understanding of the level of detail required by VCE chemistry students
- confidence to begin the year well prepared and with a fresh mindset.
Presenter Information – Matt DiPetta
Matthew Di Petta is a VCE psychology and chemistry teacher. Having completed a science degree in both chemistry and psychology, he has been fortunate to start his teaching career working in both fields. Currently, Matthew is teaching VCE chemistry at Melbourne Grammar School whilst maintaining his passion for psychology through resource development, workshop presentations, revision lecture delivery and tutoring. Work at his previous school focussed on creating a popular and successful psychology program that was built on student engagement, a culture of student confidence and a determination to succeed.