Emerging trends for contemporary learning
Audience: Classroom teachers
Delivery mode: Online courses
Cost: $130 ($260 non-members)
Discover emerging trends for contemporary learning with one of these six dynamic courses that link directly to your classroom practice. The thinking is large, the applications practical and the networking opportunities multiple. Designed with teachers, for teachers with stimulus from our trusted thought leaders.
Courses are made up of seven modules (released each fortnight) and contain:
- One theme per fortnight
- Stimulus material and resources developed by our thought partners
- Three direct applications of the content for you to try, designed by practising teachers
- An optional fortnightly conversation with colleagues to share what worked/what didn’t
- Discussion areas to post your work, ask questions, take a deeper dive
- Access to all content, regardless of when you join.
Each module has been translated to practical, classroom-based activities by a group of practising teachers from Independent schools, along with ISV consultants, across a broad range of subject and grade levels.
We’ve also worked closely with some of our key thinking partners, including:
- Bold Moves for Schools – contemporary roles for learners
- Design thinking – harnessing innovation
- Learning Horizons (Dr Jane Pollock) – raising student achievement
- Project Wayfinder – the purpose movement
- Project Zero – Harvard Graduate School of Education
- The Cognizance Project – using neuroscience to inform practice
- The Feuerstein Institute – learning to learn.
Semester 2, 2020 calendar
View all of our upcoming professional learning events, month by month.
'Latest in learning' newsletter
Sign up for our fortnightly professional learning newsletter, ‘Latest in learning’. Gain insights, access resources and find out about the latest opportunities with isLearn.