Do you need to comply?

Yes – if you intend enrolling, or have enrolled, Overseas Students (previously known as Full Fee Paying Overseas Students (FFPOS).

Conditions of compliance

Non-government schools cannot enrol Overseas Students travelling on their student visa subclass 500, 570 or 571 unless the school is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

Further information on the enrolment of other overseas students is available.

What do you have to do?

Apply for CRICOS registration through the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) (see contact details below).

Comply with the requirements of the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training.

What are the consequences if you don’t comply?

The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (Cth) (the ESOS Act) provides sanctions for breaches of the National Code. These sanctions will include fines and, for more serious breaches, conditions, suspension or cancellation from CRICOS.

ISV contacts

Peter Roberts
Director, School Services
Ph. 03 9825 7211

Links, resources and downloads