Requirements for schools with student enrolments at the Virtual School Victoria.
Possibly – if students at your school are enrolled at Virtual School Victoria.
Virtual School Victoria provides distance education programs for students from Prep to Year 12. The programs are designed to meet the educational needs of students whose circumstances prevent them from accessing courses at regular schools.
Students enrolled at an Independent school may be eligible to enrol in a program if:
- the school is unable to provide or make arrangements for the subject/s required
- they have a severe disability that prevents them from attending school on a full-time basis
- they have a social/emotional condition of such severity that they are unable to participate in regular schooling on a full-time basis
- they have been recommended by the appropriate Vic DET Regional Director as a result of a submission forwarded by their school
- they are unable to attend regular schools because they are travelling within Victoria, Australia or overseas for a minimum period of six months/two school terms or more.
In applying to enrol a student in a distance education program, the Independent school must:
- seek approval from the appropriate Vic DET Regional Director
- indicate how the student will be supported by the school, including the nomination of a school supervisor
- apply for enrolment by submitting all required documentation.
The student’s enrolment at Virtual School Victoria could be cancelled.