Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Responsibilities
A principal’s responsibilities in providing VCAL.
Yes, if your school is a VCAL provider.
Principals of schools are the formal authority for many important procedural and managerial requirements in the VCAL. The principal also will ensure that students are provided with access to adequate facilities and resources to complete studies within the VCAL.
It is the role of the principal to ensure the following:
- Communications from the VCAA reach school staff
- Students receive VCAL advice
- Accuracy of required VCAL enrolment details
- Security and accuracy with the entering of VASS data at appropriate Enrolment dates.
- Security of Student Numbers and PINs, including Unique Student Identifier
- Accurate and current maintenance of school VCAL records
- Integrity of VCAL school assessments.
The signature of the principal, or a delegate for the principal, is required on some documents to certify that the information provided is accurate and complete.
The school could lose its registration as a VCAL provider.
Education Consultant, Pathways
Ph. 03 9825 7246