Risk Management Process
Information and support material to assist schools to develop risk management processes.
Yes, a risk management process should be adopted for many aspects of your school’s operation.
Risk is anything that may impede a school in the achievement of its objectives.
Risk is measured in terms of consequences and likelihood (AS ISO 31000:2018 – Risk Management – Guidelines).
Schools, through a Risk Management Policy, should establish a comprehensive system of risk management, risk oversight, compliance, and internal control
The policy should set the risk tolerance for the school, approve the risk management framework, and monitor its effectiveness.
The Australian Standard AS ISO 31000:2018 provides useful directions on how effective risk management can be implemented.
Your school may not achieve its goals, targets and priorities.
- ISV: Emergency Risk Management
- ISV: Security Risk Management
- ISV: Across the Board – Compliance and Risk Management
- Vic DET: Emergency and Security Management
- Vic DET: About Code Red Days
- Vic DET: School Policy Advisory Guide – Emergency and Critical Incident
- Standards Australia website. You can purchase AS ISO 31000:2018, Risk Management – Guidelines